We use drop forging to customer requirements to create forged parts for industry, and parts for mechanical engineering and heavy industry, or the energy industry and other sectors. In this process, metal is reshaped by placing the heated raw material between two forging dies, transforming it to the required shape by applying pressure. This creates high-precision, high-strength metal parts and reduces subsequent machining steps or even makes them completely unnecessary.
To manufacture parts by drop forging in a resource- and cost-efficient way, we check in advance the existing technical data or concepts to establish their feasibility of implementation. As part of cost-down consulting we check alternative materials and perform a feasibility analysis for forging, based on modified 3D data, and its results are passed onto our customers, together with the proposal. Functional dimensions, open spaces, radii, demoulding inclines, parting plane and forging lug are communicated as part of the feasibility analysis. Our suppliers possess all current heat treatment processes for forged parts that are necessary to achieve the appropriate mechanical properties.
In drop forging, we process blanks made of aluminium, steel and stainless steel in various alloys. Tools for shaping are created with the expertise of over 20 years in tool-making. Just like the finished parts, all tools are subjected to strict quality inspections by our internal quality team in compliance with industry standards and individual customer requirements. The results are made available, with further documents, such as the alloy evidence and the material test certificates.
Because of its advantageous tool costs, drop forging is suitable even for low quantities from 1,500 parts per year.
Benefit from our expertise in drop forging
- 20+ years of experience in tool-making
- Design for manufacturing and feasibility study as part of tender preparation
- During tender preparation, consideration of most economical further processing of components in subsequent manufacturing processes
- Re-engineering and cost engineering experience gathered over more than 20 years
- 100% in-house assembly and quality assurance, including development of test rigs, test equipment, test plans, etc.
- Audited supplier network with first-class relationships throughout the world
- Tool costs are provided separately, and the working life of the tools is communicated
Our drop forging services
- Implementation of your concepts as 3D data, and adaptation of your 3D data for manufacturability
- Communication of functional dimensions, open spaces, plus parting plane and forging lug, in the feasibility analysis
- Extensive documentation with alloy evidence and material test certificates, CoC, RoHs, REACH
- Implementation of low volumes from 1,500 parts per year
- Processing of aluminium, steel and stainless steel in various alloys