Grinding is an important intermediate step in creating high-quality surfaces. Apart from aesthetics, this is principally a matter of the subsequent quality of the components. Especially for high-quality sanitary products and parts for the automotive industry, absolute perfection is demanded here.
While straight parts can be machined efficiently using a grinding robot, contoured parts place great demands on grinding. This is where, thanks to their decades of experience in this skilled craft, our teams achieve a high-quality polishing structure, even for contoured components. The novia Group proactively influences the process control. Here, our own employees undertake this task on site in the manufacturing facilities. This is how we achieve high repetition accuracy, which represents a decisive advantage for our customers. Every finished product from manufacturing thus matches the approved prototype.
Through our solid knowledge of zinc and other materials used, such as aluminium and brass, we ensure that the components are treated in a way that all positive product characteristics can be used. We avoid subsequent surface defects through the choice of the right abrasive, the grinding depth, and high grinding quality, even for more complex geometries.
By combining our own strict requirements for surface preparation with demanding quality controls, we reduce potential rejects after the components are galvanised.
Benefit from our grinding expertise
- “Everything from a single source”, thanks to our full service concept – customised from engineering to manufacture to our holistic procurement concept
- Decades-long experience in manual grinding
- 100% in-house assembly and quality assurance, including development of test rigs, test equipment, test plans, etc.
- Audited supplier network with first-class relationships throughout the world
- Design for manufacturing and feasibility study as part of tender preparation
Our grinding services
- Manual high-precision grinding of parts with more complex geometries
- Skilled handling of all materials to avoid subsequent surface defects
- Processing of aluminium, steel and stainless steel in various alloys